Tom Yum Talay
(Spicy Seafood Soup with Lemon Grass)
- 200 grams green tiger prawns
- 200 grams fish meat
- 200 grams squid
- 3 – 4 clams, 1 Mud Crab
- 1 tablespoon galangal roots ,sliced
- 1 tablespoon nam phrik phao (roasted shrimp chilli paste)
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 sticks lemon grass ,sliced
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, sliced
10. 5 – 6 mushrooms
11. 2 lemons
12. 3 phrik kee noo (“mouse dropping ”chillies) crushed
13. 1 coriander leaf
14. A half of cup chicken stock
- Clean all seafood well.
- Shell prawns.
- Cut fish into pieces.
- Pull out the shell of the crab and cut into quarters.
- Heat the chicken stock until boiling, add galangal roots,lemon grass and afirr lime leaves.
- Add all the seafood, nam phrik phao and mushrooms.
- Simmer for 3 – 4 minutes until the seafood is cooked, then add the chillies, lime juice and fish sauce.
- Taste and add ore fish sauce or lime if needed.
- Serve garnished with coriander leaves and sliced red chillies.
Tips : The soupshould have three flavours:spicy, sour and a little salty.